House wise, it’s been pretty quiet this week, as we are still waiting on the front door…fingers crossed that will be week 51.
And so, apart from a little more window insulation and some joinery ready for the chipboard, it’s been a quiet one!
However we did complete our little DIY fence project!
After a second coat of the panels, Andy began cutting the treated timber to the correct lengths so that they could be nailed to the timber posts
ALSO we used nails rather than screws…so much better, as the heads are smaller and barely visible
And good decision to go with two different sizes plus we used two spacers to give the perfect shadow gap…
Very happy with the colour too….inchyra blue colour match at B&Q
The ground level still needs raising and so the concrete panel will be covered! I’m thinking some shrubs along here…
And that’s another job done!
Plus we decided on a heat pump… We were going to go with a gas boiler but thanks to a bit of research and excellent help from Nuheat we have switched to a heat pump
When combined with our solar panels and polypipetrade underfloor heating it should give us much lower heating bills and be better for the environment too
There is also government support which really helps with the higher upfront cost…Happy days!
And we found some little gems in our local charity shop!
Watch this space for little restoration projects when we get to the interiors!
Caz and Andy x