Another week, and as soon as the screed dried…(it took about 72 hours) we were able to crack on with insulation among other things…
Also, possibly a mixture of moisture in the air from the screed and brushing off some of the salt, has brought the fireplace up a treat! It looks ready for a log burner now ha!
Anyway, Harold has been insulating in the vaulted areas this week ready for plastering to start in week 68
And the plumber has been back to set up the piping for the wall mounted taps…wow I don’t know why we decided to have them everywhere!
Plus the shower too….
And we have had a busy weekend, with insulation, ventilation etc….cue list!!
Luckily managed to get all the little jobs done on Saturday and decided to leave the insulation until Sunday…
One of the little jobs, making a channel through the blocks for the pipe leading to the manifold….
And with a little guidance from the electrician, some ventilation too…
Next up the insulation and the downstairs was pretty straight forward! 100mm thick so not too difficult to saw…
We make a great team ha! I did the cutting and Andy put it up, all in it took about 2 hours
This stuff is super itchy! Definitely wear gloves and cover up if you need to do it yourself…
The upstairs was much more time-consuming..needless to say we only managed a third of the house before it got dark! Two thickness are required for upstairs, 200mm then 100mm and unfortunately we struggled to keep up the 100mm without using batons, so this is going to take some time! Hopefully we can get it done and not delay the plasterers!
Watch this space….
Caz and Andy x