Week 73 – More paint spraying, white paint samples..plus go big or go home….!

And so, this week we finished all the undercoat painting, and we used Express Coat by Valspar from B&Q. This one can be used on fresh plaster and doesn’t need watering down, always a bonus! The downstairs took around 4 hours for 110 metre squared which isn’t bad going at all! I do love thisContinue reading “Week 73 – More paint spraying, white paint samples..plus go big or go home….!”

Week 72 – The paint spraying has begun..plus staining wood and another light!

It is so strange to be at a stage where it is down to us and the progress is actually ours to control…mu ha ha! And it is quite simply, based on how proactive or lazy we are feeling on any given week ha! And so this week Andy’s been sanding more of the unfinishedContinue reading “Week 72 – The paint spraying has begun..plus staining wood and another light!”

Week 71 – Site Progress!

Annnnddddd the plastering is now finished woop!! All done by Friday and now it’s just drying out before we start painting next weekend…eek! The plasterer said we could probably leave it just a few days before making a start on the painting, but we think we’ll wait…patience is key ha! Love love love the landingContinue reading “Week 71 – Site Progress!”

Week 70 – Site Progress..plus we have a front door!

Busy week plastering, and wow what a difference it makes! Also Andy has been fitting some of the borgos before plastering in our bedroom… Plus..the big one…the front door arrived! Yaassss! And wow I love it, I was so nervous that there might be something wrong with it or the colour might not be quiteContinue reading “Week 70 – Site Progress..plus we have a front door!”

Kitchen decisions..

So! We have changed our minds numerous times when it comes to the kitchen and the utility..if you have seen our Instagram over the past year you will see the odd “decision made” post ha! From Wren to Howdens to diy kitchens…we couldn’t quite decide on something that was “us”. We began with copper, handlelessContinue reading “Kitchen decisions..”

Week 69 – Site Progress! More plasterboard plus floor decisions and a paint sprayer…

Eeekkkk lots more plasterboard this week! And the vaulted ceiling areas are looking fabulous! Wow it is really starting to look like a house. It’s so strange when you live pretty much on “site” and it develops into a home rather than a build project ha! And as you can see, we are a littleContinue reading “Week 69 – Site Progress! More plasterboard plus floor decisions and a paint sprayer…”

Week 62 – Site Progress! Plus floor lights..

Well, week 62 was a pretty quiet one. Just a little bit of plasterboard..nothing too exciting! This needed doing before the actual plastering as some thinner pieces were required in places… It is exciting though, having a little bit of plasterboard don’t you think! Plus woodwork up high to roof level ready for the plasterboards!Continue reading “Week 62 – Site Progress! Plus floor lights..”

Week 61 – Site Progress! First fix done plus twinkly lights…

Another milestone this week, the first fix electrics are complete and we can now focus on insulation soon, hopefully week 62! Building control paid site a visit on Wednesday and they are happy with everything so we are good to go when it comes to covering the walls and floors And our very pretty twinklyContinue reading “Week 61 – Site Progress! First fix done plus twinkly lights…”

Outdoor lights…

Something that we felt was a must when it came to the planning stages of the build, and the lighting design. And we have decided to go with up/down lights. The splay of light with these works so well in different spaces, and we will have them either side of the front door, as wellContinue reading “Outdoor lights…”

Week 60 – Site Progress! First fix is almost finished plus window cills and using the bifolds..

Another week and the first fix is just about done…honestly ha! The waste pipes are now in but the plumber is missing a few bits and so hopefully he will be back in week 61…. Plus Harold has been busy with bay window cills and has almost finished the roof tiles too..just ridge tiles toContinue reading “Week 60 – Site Progress! First fix is almost finished plus window cills and using the bifolds..”